The CBMT® Certification is the world’s first, only and the most effective qualification for convincingly proving that a trainer has the skills, exposure and knowledge of undertaking training of teams, individuals, supervisors and managers in BPO companies, call centers and also in other organizations where services are delivered in team-based environment through patterned processes.
CBMT® covers advanced concepts on training, adult learning, class handling, tools development, assessment, and training management. In addition, critical level of coverage is there to industry fundamentals on BPO, telecom and other services. Though practical training experience can never be replaced, the levels of knowledge and acumen assessed during the CBMT® examinations do typically match those of trainers who have been training for least for 3 years.
Global Recognition: CBMT® is the world’s most preferred international qualification for professionals and executives handling training delivery responsibilities in BPO companies and in other organizations that have process-oriented work environment. The fact is that BPO organizations and also other large companies and government organizations worldwide feel more confident working with CBMT® certified trainers as they are in the elite international league of high-performers – well trained in their craft and function in environments that are workforce dominant and culturally diverse.
Careers Advantage: CBMT® qualified professionals enjoy the international qualification advantages in their Careerss and become globally mobile resources with high salaries and perks.
CBMT® professionals manage to deliver more and better in their jobs in large organizations thanks to their wider and deeper perspective built through a proven exposure, experience and success in handling the most challenging roles related to various dimensions of training delivery in BPO or BPO-type organizations that involve technology, process knowledge and high doses of human skill- and competence development capabilities.
Employer Benefits: CBMT® qualified professionals prove precious assets for their employers not only because they tend to raise the bar for performance, productivity and service quality, but also because, they infuse new professional energy in the workplace and help make the work-culture and environment global.
Jobs CBMT® Prepares You For
- BPO Trainers for BPO companies and call centers.
- Trainers for government and World-Bank projects on BPO talent development.
- Trainers for BPO training companies.
- Trainers/ faculty resources for universities and colleges offering employability programs to their students
Who Should Get CBMT® Certified?
- Freelance trainers who intend to develop expertise for the BPO services industry.
- Individuals already working in BPO outfits and call centers as team leaders or senior agents, and who have been handling process training and believe they can opt for a Careers in training.
- Individuals who desire to leap into the bigger league of employers but who are currently working as trainers in small BPO companies or in team-based, process-oriented work environment in other types of organizations.
- Individuals currently working in non-BPO environments as trainers or skill developers but who now desire to join the training function in large BPO organizations. BCI receives a high number of CBMT® applications from African and Asian professionals working in manufacturing, construction, telecom, banking, insurance, retail and IT services industries and who now wish to make a lateral entry into the BPO industry.
- Professionals already working as trainers in large, stable organizations – particularly BPO outfits - and who now want an international qualification in training delivery to further their Careers growth.
The CBMT® certification is valid exactly for three years from the date of award. Since the standards evolve in tandem, all CBMT® certified individuals are required to either recertify or upgrade to the new level. An application for recertification to has to be made at least 8 weeks prior to the date of expiry of your CBMT® certification.
UPGRADE TO CBMT®
You can upgrade to the Training Manager qualification of BCI - the CBTM® -Certified BPO Training Manager – minimum 36 months after attaining your CBMT® certification if you fulfill the other candidacy requirements of CBTM®. The following trends internationally may just help you take a better decision:
- After their first recertification, a majority of CBMT® certificants in Asia and Africa choose to upgrade to CBTM® rather than recertify for the second time, because the CBTM® begins suiting such professionals more third year onwards of their Careers as they move toward more senior roles in people development and talent transformation.
- Many CBMT® certificants choose to do both: recertify their CBMT® to keep their qualification alive; and also upgrade to CBTM® to prepare for a possible rise to the training manger role sooner than later.
CBMT® CRITICAL AREAS OF PROFESSIONAL KNOWLEDGE & COMPETENCE
CBMT® Domain Knowledge
- Understanding of the Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) Industry
The Profile of a BPO Master Trainer
- The phenomena, concept & types of Business Process Outsourcing.
- Structure & Offerings of the Global BPO Industry.
- Trends, Issues and challenges of the Global BPO Industry.
Understanding of Training Function in BPO Organizations
- Roles of a BPO Master Trainer.
- Typical Key Result Areas of a BPO Master Trainer.
- Skills & Competencies of a BPO Master Trainer
Contribution to Other Functions and Organization Growth
- Objectives & Requirements of Training & Talent Transformation in BPO industry.
- Training Need Analysis.
- Training Design.
- Training Delivery
- Measuring & Managing Effectiveness of Training Programs
- Developing & deploying Training Aids & Learning Content
- Training Management in BPO organizations
- New-hires training & Induction in BPO organizations
- New-hires training & Induction in BPO organizations
- Training Team Leaders & Supervisors
- Training Managers & Senior Executives
- Contributing to Talent Management Excellence.
- Contribution to New Business Acquisition.
- Representing Organization in Events and Public Platforms.
CBMT® ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
Candidacy requirements define the parameters on the basis of which an applicant shall be evaluated fit for applying for a particular certification.
CBMT® should preferably have an undergraduate degree from a recognized university/college; with ideally a certificate in training & development; but at least an A-Level/O-Level/Higher Secondary/12th grade; should have completed minimum 14 years of formal education.
- Applicants who come from non-BPO backgrounds
Required to have minimum 24 months of prior work experience as trainers in customer care; soft skills development; accounting; computer operations; language;
team-building etc., and should have conducted trainings for employees of banks, telecom companies; airlines; large travel companies; insurance companies; retail stores.
- Applicants who have a BPO or a call center background
The minimum prior work experience requirement is of 12 months as a trainer in any of the outsourcing domains including customer service, back office services, finance & accounting,
technical support, data processing.
- For applicants who have the CCIS®/CBSS®/CFPS®/CTSS® certification
Those with a CCIS®/CFPS®/CBSS®/CTSS® qualification require minimum 6 months of prior work experience as a trainer in a BPO organization after their
Ideally, an applicant should have ideally completed minimum 21 years of age at the time of applying for CBMT®. There is no upper age bar for any certification program.