CBTS® Certification is the most effective qualification globally demonstrating your fitness for supervising and leading complex teams in customer service, teleselling, helpdesks, collections, front desks and reservations in premier hotels, telephone companies, airlines, travel companies, BPO organizations, customer contact centers and banks.
CBTS® covers advanced aspects of team leadership, customer relationship management, service quality and customer service in addition to those in team work, conflicts handling and performance management. Though practical work experience can never be replaced, the levels of knowledge and acumen assessed during the CBTS® examinations do typically match those of professionals who have handled agents, young executives and sales field-force for at least for 3 years.
Global Recognition: CBTS® has emerged as the most preferred international qualification for professionals and executives handling (or who are shortly) going to handle team-lead or supervisory responsibilities in BPO companies and in other organizations having process-oriented work environment. The fact is that BPO organizations and also large companies and government organizations worldwide feel more confident working with CBTS® professionals who are in the elite international league of high-performers – well trained in their craft and work domain.
Careers Advantage: CBTS® professionals manage to deliver more and better in their jobs in large organizations thanks to their wider and deeper perspective built through a proven exposure, experience and success in handling the most challenging roles related to various dimensions of team-supervision tasks involving technology and process knowledge.
Employer Benefits: CBTS® qualified professionals prove precious assets for their employers not only because they tend to raise the bar for performance, productivity and service quality, but also because, they infuse new professional energy in the workplace and help make the work-culture and environment global.
Jobs CBTS® Prepares You For
- Team Leads in Contact Centers.
- Supervisors for teams of Front-desks and Receptions in starred hotels, restaurants, shopping arcades etc.
- Team Heads/ Supervisors on Customer Information Desks in Passport Offices, Embassies, Airport Lounges, Airport Check-in Counters, Hospitals etc.
- Team Leads in Customer Support Centers of appliance makers, computer companies, mobile operators etc.
- Team Heads in Customer Helpdesks in Banks, Telecom Companies and other types of organizations like those in Tele-selling, Loan Recoveries and Collection Centers
- Team Leads in Customer Handling in Travel & Ticketing companies, shopping malls, hyper-stores etc.
Who Should Get CBTS® Certified?
- Individuals who desire to leap into the bigger league of employers but who are currently working as supervisors or team leaders in small BPO companies and also in team-based, process-oriented work environment in other organizations.
- Individuals currently working in non-BPO environments as supervisors in departments like customer care, MIS, accounts processing, technical support, IT maintenance etc., but who now desire to work in large BPO organizations.
- Professionals already working as Team Leaders or supervisors and who now want an international qualification in Supervision or front-line leadership.
The CBTS® Certificate is valid for exactly 3 years from the date of its award. Since the standards evolve in tandem, all CBTS® certified individuals are required to either recertify or upgrade to the new level. An application for re-certification to has to be made at least at least 8 weeks prior to the date of expiry of your CBTS® certification.
UPGRADE TO CBOM®/CBTM®/CBPM®/CBQM®
You can upgrade to the manager level qualification the CBOM®/CBQM®/CBTM®/CBPM® - minimum 24 months after attaining your CBTS® Certification. The following trends internationally may just help you take a better decision:
After their first recertification, a majority of CBTS® certificants in Asia & Africa choose to upgrade to CBOM®/CBQM®/CBTM®/CBPM® rather than recertify for the second time, because the CBOM®/CBQM®/CBTM®/CBPM® begins suiting such professionals more third year onwards of their Careers as they move toward team lead or supervisory roles.
CBTS® CRITICAL AREAS OF PROFESSIONAL KNOWLEDGE & COMPETENCE
CBTS® Domain Knowledge
- Understanding of the BPO Work-Place & Environmentt
- An Overview of BPO Industry & Environment.
- Typical Organization Structures in BPO Organizations/Service Providers.
- Communication Structures & Practices
- Productivity targets & expectations
- Quality targets & expectations
- Quality targets & expectations
- The Demands of Process Orientation & Client-accountability
- Group dynamics and inter-personal conflicts
- Stress Patterns in BPO Industryess Outsourcing
The Profile of a typical BPO Team Leaders
- Generic Definition & Concept of Team Leadership.
- Commonly practiced models of Team Leadership in BPO organizations.
- Issues & Challenges of Team Leadership.
Principles & Techniques of Team Leadership in BPO Organizations
- Typical roles of a Team Leader.
- Key Result Areas of a Team Leader.
- Skills & Competencies of a Team Leader.
- Careers & Growth of a Team Leader
Principles & Techniques of Productivity & Quality
- Principles & Objectives of BPO Team Leadership.
- Drivers of Team Lead Excellence in BPO Organizations.
- Forming high-potential teams.
- Mentoring & coaching for Agent Capability Development.
- Driving Agent Performance.
- Motivating & engaging Agents for Organizational growth.
- Team Conflicts Resolution.
- Retaining Agents.
Contribution to Organization Growth
- Understanding of Productivity metrics.
- Understanding of Quality metrics.
- Planning & Targeting.
- Agent Performance Measurement & Analysis.
- Absenteeism Control.
- Handling workplace crises and contingencies.
- Contribution to talent engagement initiatives of the Organization.
- Contribution to talent transformation and agent development initiatives.
- Contribution to Organizational Climate development.
CBTS® ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
Candidacy requirements define the parameters on the basis of which an applicant shall be evaluated fit for applying for a particular certification. Candidacy requirements will vary across certifications.
Applicants for CBTS® should have a decent exposure to computer-use and have at least completed 14 years of formal education at the time of applying for CBTS®. It could be A-Level/ O-Level, Higher and Secondary education.
Minimum of 3 years of experience as a team member or as a senior agent or as a senior associate in a BPO organization or in work-places with process-driven service delivery system.
Ideally, an applicant should have completed 18 years of age at the time of applying for CCIS®. There is no upper age bar for any certification program.