The CTSA® Certification signals your readiness for the best jobs in technical support and IT helpdesk for mobile phone companies; computer & appliance makers; software companies; electronics firms and IT services companies etc.
How CTSA® Works
CTSA® covers customer support principles; knowledge of how common computer hardware, software and appliances function, and methods and principles of troubleshooting. Aspects related to team-playing, workplace effectiveness, communication and professional etiquette are also covered. IBPO offer pre-certification training in these areas to help individuals prepare themselves for technical support jobs and also for the CTSA® certification examination Though practical work experience can never be replaced, the levels of knowledge and acumen assessed during the CTSA® examinations do typically match those of technical support professionals who have worked at least for 6 months in such functions or roles.
Global Recognition:CTSA® has emerged as the most preferred international qualification for technical support professionals. CTSA® qualification puts an individual in the elite international league of world-class customer support professionals.
Careers Advantage:CTSA® qualified professionals manage to hit the ground running thanks to the most structured and rigorous training & education exercise before the certification examination, which not only helps develops skills and competence, but also affords invaluable exposure to the technical support space. This helps get the first great job faster; and also the first raise and promotion.
Employer Benefits:CTSA® qualified professionals prove precious assets for their employers not only because they tend to raise the bar for performance, productivity and service quality, but also because, they impact the work-culture and environment positively.
Jobs CTSA® Prepares You For
- IT customer service.
- Technical support help desk.
- Service support engineers.
Who Should Acquire the CTSA®
- Senior School/High school pass-outs with a flair for computers and technology and who want to work in technical support.
- Undergraduate degree holders (bachelors’ level) wanting to make a Careers in helpdesk and technical support work.
- Graduating students in universities and colleges who want to opt for a Careers in IT, maintenance and infrastructure support.
- Technical support professionals working for small companies, who want to settle down in a bigger company.
- Professionals already working in the technical support or IT maintenance function of small companies or banks or government offices and who want an international qualification in technical support
The CTSA® Certificate is valid for exactly 3 years from the date of its award. All CTSA® certified individuals are strongly recommended to upgrade to the next level (CTSS®) after the completion of one year.
You will be required to compulsorily upgrade to the next level (CTSS®) after the expiry of the initial validity of the CTSA® certification.
UPGRADE TO CTSA®
You can apply for an upgrade to the specialist level qualification the CTSS® -Certified Technical Support Specialist – twelve months after attaining your CTSA® certification. While the CTSA® credential is actually relevant most in the first year of a Careers-starter, the CTSS® credential suits professionals more second year onward of their Careerss.
CTSA® CRITICAL AREAS OF PROFESSIONAL KNOWLEDGE & COMPETENCE
CTSA® Domain Knowledge
- Nature & Typology of BPO Services
BPO Operations & Work Environment
- Concept and advantages of Business Process Outsourcing.
- Categories and Types of BPO Organizations and BPO services.
- Organizations and BPO services
Personal Effectiveness Principles & Techniques
- Organization & Workplace Structures in BPO Organizations.
- Equipment & Technologies generally deployed in BPO Organizations.
- Common Modes and Media of Service Delivery in BPO Organizations.
Role-profile of a Technical Support Professional
- Challenges & Demands of BPO Work Environment
- Creating & Managing Personal Brand-Equity in Workplace
- Managing Personal Time
- Managing Stress
- Managing Professional Growth
Principles & Techniques of Customer Service & Support
- Typical roles of a Technical Support Professional.
- Typical Key Result Areas (KRAs) of a Technical Support Professional.
- o Skills & Competencies of a Technical Support Professional.
- Principles & Objectives of Customer Relationship Management.
- Techniques in Initiation of Customer Interaction.
- Keyboarding Speed & Accuracy in English Language
Computing & Internet-related Operations
- Proficiency in basic PC-Based computing applications
- Internet Operations
Language Structure, Vocabulary & Comprehension
- Correct usage of Grammar & Structure
- Listening Comprehension
Verbal Language Skills
- Voice & Speech Quality
- Accent & Pronunciation
CTSA® ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
Candidacy requirements define the parameters on the basis of which an applicant shall be evaluated fit for applying for a particular certification.
Though CTSA® does not prescribe any minimum education qualification requirements, it has been seen that applicants with formal education in computers and who have qualified at least an A-Level/O-Level/Higher Secondary/12th grade/and have completed minimum 14 years of formal education do very well in their Careerss after their CTSA®, especially in some Asian and African countries
There is no requirement of prior work-experience to be able to apply for CTSA®. Even individuals just out of their schools and colleges with ZERO work experience can apply for CTSA®. However, many of those with some work exposure behind them have been seen making a comparatively better use of the CTSA® qualification for their Careerss.
An applicant should have ideally completed 15 years of age at the time of applying for CTSA®. There is no upper age bar, for any certification program.